“The body will heal itself by itself when given the right environment”
As our world is shifting its paradigm and we are being ask to shift right along with it. Some of us have become aware of what is going on and are learning to ride the waves and listen a little deeper to avoid some of the growing pains that come our way.
My hope is to help encourage those who have woken up to this and maybe provide a little more guidance by sharing my own story and experience, and to plant some footsteps for those who are just starting to see this information and aren’t sure where to go.
Figuring out food can be really hard. There is an incredible amount of information at every corner. One minute what ‘bob’ says sounds perfect, and then the next minute ‘bob#2’ comes around saying the opposite, but that fits too.
Well they are both right. It just depends on what stage you are at which will determine which one is right for you in that current time and space
This is what I have done and recommend based off of my own experience in trying to figure out food in a world and body that has been continuously changing and asking for new and better.
I started off eating a diet growing up consisting of 90% wheat and dairy. Low in fruit, vegetables, and spices, and high in processed artificial foods.
It worked for me for a little while at the stage I was at.
But there definitely came a time where my body was strongly asking for something different. Way different. And communicated this to me through sickness. Things like Headaches, Fatigue, food sensitivities, poor skin health, aches and pains, very slow digestion, non regular bowel movements, slower than normal healing, leaky gut, celiac, gluten sensitivity, sharp pains, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, brain fog, memory loss, anxiety, and more.
So I had to get very good at listening.
Not to my doctor, not to the tv. Not to the person sitting next to me or even my closest family and friends.
I had to learn how to listen to me. That inner wisdom, that inner guidance. My intuition and what FELT right for ME in that moment.
I had to learn how to cut out all the outside noise and influence so I could hear myself clearly.
Which is what you are now learning to do as well.
Gather information from sources that FEEL right, but then pick and choose what feels right in your body. At the end of the day, only you know what feels right for you.
My current style of eating and how I got there and why.
I eat Plant Based. Whole foods. 98% of what I eat I make myself.
This means I shop at farmers markets, my own garden, or the produce aisle. The food I eat does not have an ingredient label, IT IS the ingredient. If it comes in a jar ( I always look for glass jars ) it is something like Tahini which is ONE ingredient – sesame seeds. NO other fillers/additives.
I enjoy honey and from time to time I get a craving for eggs and do not restrict myself from that, however I am still navigating that area. So because of that, most would say, that means I’m not vegan. Which is totally fine with me, not a fan of set labels anyway. I eat intuitively and give my body what it is asking for (while having a deep understanding on what cravings mean).
However, I very much so align with the principles of veganism. There is a lot of not so good stuff happening in the meat and dairy industries that I have chosen to not be apart of. What we eat, is what we become. Its just an energy exchange. I cut out meat and noticed my anger and irritability levels dramatically dropped. I tested meat again after some time and both of those came right back. Again, this is my body, but could possibly relate to you.
Once I learned the healing power behind plant based foods and how much better I felt after consuming them, other foods I used to eat are no longer appealing and actually make me sick. Which is 100% okay with me. That is my body saying Hey, that isn’t good for me.
Plant based foods carry way more nutrition per calorie. So of course my body is going to want me to continue giving it high dense nutrition.
Incredibly grateful for this body wisdom and balance.
I want to touch on protein and fat consumption as these are huge topics that have gone wildly misunderstood.
Our bodies thrive when we consume MINIMAL amounts of protein and fat.
All foods are composed of fat, protein, and carbs. This means there is protein and fat in your banana, spinach, carrot etc. What changes is the ratio of these three from food to food. For example, a cashew has a higher ratio of fat and protein, than the banana. What is important here is that nature has already done the heavy lifting for us. We don’t need to worry about how much of each thing to eat. The ratios are perfect the way they are and exactly what our body needs. What is up to us, is to listen to our bodies subtle cues. Grab a handful of raw basic cashews, pop in a couple and you’ll be more than satisfied with that. If you treat them like popcorn, you will most likely start to not feel very well; which is our bodies cue, saying hey you just consumed more fat than I need at this time.
Now with that said, during part of my transition, I went through a phase where I craved fats. ( healthy fats ) So pistachios, cashews, coconut oil, avocados, hazelnuts, peanut butter, almond butter etc. So I allowed myself to eat as much as I pleased.
My smoothie bowls were loaded with healthy fats.
Keep in mind all of these fats were plain, and raw ( or plain roasted no salt or seasonings). My body had been deprived of the nutrients from these specific foods for a long time, it was doing some make up work. Once it got what it was needing and balanced that area back out, a few pistachios and a drizzle of cashew butter is all I want.
Which might be a relief for some as good quality nuts are not the cheapest thing in the grocery store.
Which is fine because we are aiming to have healthy fats make up roughly 10% of our diet.
That number is where I prefer the focus to go over counting calories.
The 7 Main Steps I took over the course of roughly 5 years
1. Dramatically increased my water consumption. Add lemon, maple syrup, and turmeric. ( we are 70% water, our body can not function properly without it. Lemon is cleansing, maple syrup is fuel for your liver to clean and flush, and turmeric is anti-inflammatory to help your body have more ease at removing any toxins it might be flushing out)
2. Eliminate all Refined Sugar. If there are any diseases or bugs, or if you’re having gut or skin issues. Get rid of it. Refined sugar just feeds pathogens. This stuff is addictive, more so than cocaine. ( use maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar )
3. Eliminate all processed foods. Nature thrives because it functions in a high vibration. ( high vibration emotions include love, joy, compassion etc) We want to be eating foods straight from nature for this energy exchange. Most processed foods are no longer alive. We want to be eating food that is alive, since we want to stay alive.
4. Eliminate Meat and Dairy. If you are having any kind of health issues, cut this out for awhile. It does not mean you cant go back to it later, but if you want to heal any health issues, give your body a break from having to digest these very dense foods. We can easily get the nutritional value from plant foods, in even more abundance, and easier for our bodies to digest and assimilate.
5. Grow Your Own Food . Even if all you have is 2 inches on your kitchen counter top. When we grow our own food, the food actually grows specifically for us. While planting and caring for it, the plant interacts with our own energy and picks up on any nutritional deficiencies we might be currently experiencing, and will grow more abundant in those areas for us. Wrap your mind around that!!! It is such a beautiful process I have been blessed to experience myself.
6. Buy Organic, Local, and from a Farmers Market. If you can’t afford organic yet, that’s okay, your body will still reap the rewards from the increase in plant foods, but work towards it. When our food is covered in pesticides etc that just creates that much more work for our bodies to digest it, and then even more toxins for our livers to have to hold on to, process, and try and release. Local – because foods grows specific to the environment, it will grow to heal whatever alignments it picks up on. Farmers Market – if you don’t have room for your own garden, let others help.
7. Drop fats down to 10% of your diet. Your liver will love you for this! your entire body really. We don’t need as much as we have been told, and you’ll notice your brain and body actually work way better with less. Ditch the highly processed oils like Canola and Vegetable oil. Go for Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil etc.
That is A LOT of things to change. Each one is a BIG step that takes time and effort. Focus on ONE and start there. Master it. And then move to the next. You will work your way through these much quicker by choosing one thing at a time, than trying to do them all at once.
For a list of which foods that have a High Vibration vs Low Vibration Go Here
Focus more on eating fresh fruits and vegetables with a sprinkle of nuts, seeds, and grains.
and remember – Take all of this with a grain of salt. Pick and pull the parts that feel right to you. My journey can very much so look different from yours.
Tap into that inner wisdom you have and let it guide you.
I am simply a guide on the side to help you navigate a transition like this a little smoother.
If you would like more hands on guidance – I provide weekly or monthly Wellness Coaching to help you find a focus with your goals and efforts to achieve the progress you desire quicker and smoother.